Is it time to do something you love?
For over 110 years we have been improving the performance of organisations by improving the performance of their people. We don’t just invest in our client’s employees though. We are equally committed to attracting and developing our own exceptionally talented team members – those who share a passion for excellence and a commitment to the principles set forth by our founder, Dale Carnegie.
If you are an exceptional presenter, have sound business acumen, maintain high energy levels, boast strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate flexibility in approach, and enjoy an unwavering work ethic, then Dale Carnegie Training could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Read on to discover what its like to be a Dale Carnegie Trainer and what the Trainer Development Journey entails.
Greetings from Dale Carnegie Sweden
Dale Carnegie Trainers are a breed apart. They are well-rounded, self-aware and confident individuals who have a deep insight into the art and science of engineering effective human relations. As highly-skilled coaches and facilitators of change, they are adept at developing individuals regardless of age, background, or title. They live to give, supporting others to realise their inner potential and unleash the greatness that lies within. Working across both public and in-house corporate programmes – delivered face-to-face, live online, and as a blended solution, our expert practitioners deftly impart the unique Carnegie methodology through engaging and interactive growth sessions, that ultimately impact the results of a team, department and entire organisation.
Do you think you might have what’s required to join our award-winning team?
Then ask yourself whether the following skills and traits describe you…
- Previous business experience
- A strong desire to develop training skills
- Flexibility to work during the day, some evenings and occasional weekends
- Familiarity with the London and South East areas
- Fluent English language skills
- A positive, flexible and can-do attitude
- Empathetic and people-orientated mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised with sharp attention to detail
- An open mind to grow and develop yourself
If you have ticked yes to all of the above, perhaps you have the fundamentals to become a Dale Carnegie Trainer.
The Trainer Development Journey
One of the first and perhaps most obvious steps to becoming a Dale Carnegie Trainer is to attend the program Kommunikation och ledarskap, to experience it yourself, but also see the development of others. By hearing how others influence their everyday life both at work and at home, the understanding of what the transformative training Dale Carnegie provides increases.
More about our programs here:
Once a potential trainer candidate has completed their initial Dale Carnegie Course, the next step is to return as a Trainer assistant to lead and learn from an experienced Dale Carnegie Trainer. This is an opportunity to see the programme through a new lens, supporting the new participants on their journey, whilst also helping the trainer with the programme delivery.
If successful in this capacity, the Trainer assistent will in the next step be sponsored by a Dale Carnegie franchise and invited to join our rigorous ‘Trainer Development’ programme. Here, candidates are required to:
- Attend a local preparations workshop and other specific training days to be ready asap for the Pre-DNA event (over a time of 3-6 month).
- Pass a three 3-day Pre-DNA assessment weekend.
- Candidates will then be asked to deliver two complete training programmes in full, in tandem with a Master Trainer (one with a 50/50 delivery split; the next a 90/10 delivery split).
- And finally, participate on a 6-day live lab-class assessment.
At the completion of the above, a candidate becomes fully licensed as a Dale Carnegie Trainer and can facilitate our Dale Carnegie Course in any country in the world.
The whole process takes between 12 months – 2 years, with typical completion around 18 months. Below is a visual representation of this journey.
As a global organisation, operating in over 100 countries and providing facilitation in over 32 languages, it is imperative that we maintain a consistently high standard across all our training delivery. Any one of our programmes should be delivered to the same calibre and in a uniformed fashion, whether it is delivered in Sweden, Shanghai or Sao Paulo!
Because we have such exacting requirements, we only certify the very best trainers around (with a pass rate of only about 10% of all candidate intakes across the planet). This means that our clients and our participants are guaranteed a first rate experience that is not only true to our values, methodology, and the principles we practice, but also achieves our brand promise – to drive transformation, that gets results.
This is the reason our development programme is deliberately lengthy. It is intentionally challenging, is designed to push candidates out of their comfort zones, and can be extremely demanding at times (which understandably is off-putting for a number of people). The outcome, however, is a stable of 3,000 global trainers who are the very best at what they do and lead the industry in both performance and outcomes.
As a result of of our commitment to the highest levels of training quality, the Dale Carnegie ’Trainer Development Journey’ has achieved ISO 9001:2008 accreditation, amongst many other awards and accolades that have brought recognition to our efforts and the lengths we go to in order to realise excellence – of ourselves and in others.
Furthermore, to maintain such high standards, all trainers must attend a recertification event every three years, and attend regular internal development sessions to maintain the company standards and to learn from others.
A franchise will cover all future cost for the required training as booth eLearning through eVolve and face-to-face trainings. As a candidate you pay for travel, accommodation and food and beverages.
Once certified, all trainers have the luxury of attending any other Dale Carnegie programmes for free in Sweden (and often also international), either in-person or online. Any fees for future certifications to deliver other programmes are also absorbed by the sponsoring franchise, meaning no additional costs to the trainer.
Once you certified as a fully qualified trainer in the Dale Carnegie Course, you can continue your development journey.
Firstly, you can certify to deliver programmes in our other areas of expertise, namely High Impact Presentations, Leadership, and Sales. You can also train to become a Live Online Trainer, enabling you to deliver public and inhouse programmes from anywhere in the world – all you need is a laptop and a reliable internet connection.
You can also continue to advance in trainer proficiency by progressing through the internal development hierarchy, to Senior Trainer, Master Trainer, and eventually Dale Carnegie Master Trainer (with each advancement carrying extra responsibility and greater opportunities for paid work).
All Dale Carnegie Trainers in Sweden invoice DC Sweden for their delivery. This means our trainers work for us on a contractual basis, putting the power of choice in their hands. This offers great freedom to decide how much training work one wishes to accept, and when one wishes to deliver. It also provides the opportunity to travel, work from home (with online delivery) or to stay local to the domestic franchise.
Basic Trainer Rates can be seen below (please note, this is a guide and is subject to change):
For those who wish to explore training opportunities abroad, once a year there is an annual convention where trainers have the opportunity to meet with other global franchisees and express their interest for international work, as well as network with other trainers and learn from field experts about emerging trends, best practice, and latest innovations.
We have changed over 9 million lives in over 100 countries and in more than 30 languages
Who We Are
- International Training Company, focused on developing essential skills, and social and emotional intelligence – we change attitudes, performance and results!
- Founded in 1912, inspired by one man’s belief in the power of self-improvement.
- From evening classes at the YMCA to a global, award-winning training company.
- This led to radio shows, weekly newspaper columns, international speaking engagements, sold out events, and a couple of international best selling books.
- Dale Carnegie Kickstarted the personal development industry.
- Most widely renowned for our Founder’s books – How to Win Friends and Influence People How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- 30 Principles to live a better, happier, more successful life
- Our programmes develop confidence and show people all over the world how to communicate in a way that draws others in, so they can form closer, more rewarding relationships.
- Today, Dale Carnegie is the industry leader and a true benchmark in professional training and development solutions.
- While our training techniques continue to evolve, our core principles remain true to a single vision: real transformation begins within.
Famous graduates of our programmes include…
Overview of Dale Carnegie
Where are we: Dale Carnegie footprint
Our 6 Key areas of focus
1. Human relations
2. Communication - presentation skills
3. Sales mastery
5. Customer Service
6. People side of business transformation
Organisational challenges we address
- Talent competition/retention
- Uncertainty and change
- Uncertainty and change
- Low engagement and productivity
- Global growth challenges
- Impact of technology on communication
- Dealing with regulation
- Customer satisfaction issues
- Declining sales
- Strengthening culture
- Drive consistent performance
- Foster innovation
Growth and comfort do not co-exist. Evolving takes guts!
Our training takes you out of your comfort zone and compels you to grow!
Quality of delivery
- 400 of the global Fortune 500 companies and many organisations of all sizes and industries have benefited from Dale Carnegie‘s experience around the world. We have more than 3,000 trainers who have all taken part in a 150 hour certification process to reach quality levels that are 20% above the industry standard.
- Dale Carnegie is certified according to ISO 9001
- CIPD People Management Awards 2019 Finalist
- Dale Carnegie has been unveiled as a winner of the
2020 Training Magazine Network Choice Awards in three
categories, including: Custom Content/Program Development; Learning Portal/LMS; and Measurement, Testing and Assessment.
Voice of customer and NPS
Our Voice of the Customer assessment is essential in measuring customer satisfaction and loyalty, so that we can continue to deliver at the highest level possible and meet the expectations of every participant that attends one of our programs.
Clients we have worked with
Sometimes the best discoveries are the result of simple observations.
Look at our marketing videos
Connecting proven solutions to real world challenges, Dale Carnegie is internationally recognised for bringing the best out in people.
The bottom line...
At Dale Carnegie, we invigorate people by drawing out their natural strengths, building the courage and confidence they need to take command of their life and achieve the unexpected.
If you would like to learn more or express your interest in joining the Dale Carnegie Trainer Development Journey, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org